Security Screening Information
Courthouse visitors will be required to:
- Show a photo ID issued by a government agency, such as a driver's license or a bar identification card.
- Place your purse, briefcase, backpack, and other personal items on an x-ray machine to be screened.
- Remove keys, coins, wallets, and all other items in your pockets before walking through a magnetometer.
- You may be asked to remove your belt, watch, jewelry, and shoes.
- The general public is prohibited from bringing electronic devices into the building. These may be checked at the security screening station in the lobby. For more information, please refer to the Policy Regarding Electronic Devices for the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.