This page includes information about developments in the First Circuit Court of Appeals. Please rely on this page for press releases and other timely information of interest to the public in general and the bar in particular.
Susan Goldberg, the Circuit Executive, is also available to answer questions regarding news media issues in the Court of Appeals. She can be contacted by email at Susan_Goldberg@ca1.uscourts.gov or by phone at 617-748-9614.
- The Honorable David J. Barron Next Chief Judge of the First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Kyana Givens to Become Federal Public Defender for the Districts of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island
- David Beneman Reappointed Federal Public Defender for the District of Maine
- María de los Ángeles González-Hernández Selected as New Bankruptcy Judge for the District of Puerto Rico
- 2022 First Circuit Rules Advisory Committee
- Janet E. Bostwick Selected as New Bankruptcy Judge for the District of Massachusetts
- Eric Vos Reappointed Federal Public Defender for the District of Puerto Rico
- Bankruptcy Judge Edward A. Godoy New Chief Judge of the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel
- First Circuit Court of Appeals Forms Workplace Conduct Committee; Appoints Christine Guthery Director of Workplace Relations
- Maria R. Hamilton Selected as Next Clerk of Court
- Notice of Adoption of Local Rule 18.0
- Preserving Internet Citations in Opinions